Five NC State College of Veterinary Medicine employees received a 2019 CVM Award for Excellence, the highest honor given to non-faculty staff, at an April 23 ceremony hosted by Dean Paul Lunn.
Jeneal Leone, director of research administration, received the excellence award for EHRA employees. Lindsey Cobb, research operations manager; Kristen Price, medical support technician; Jenna Schirmer, research specialist; and Nikkiya White, admissions coordinator, were SHRA recipients. There were 12 additional nominees submitted by CVM colleagues.
Cobb, Schirmer and White won in the efficiency and innovation category. Leone was recognized for customer service and Price for human relations.
Leone was nominated for skillfully helping faculty members meet deadlines and putting in extra time to answer inquiries. Her nomination singled her out as a vital player in the grants and research organization.
Price was credited with being the compassionate face of the NC State Veterinary Hospital and was noted for her collaborative nature and considerate relationships with pet owners.
Cobb’s nomination details her diligent and innovative efforts to improve laboratory facilities and anatomical resources. She has cited for her knack for identifying inefficiencies and remedying them swiftly.
Schirmer was recommended for her impeccable standard of client service, communication, horse handling and teamwork, as well as her dedication to lifelong learning.
White was credited with enhancing the reputation of the student services office and her commitment to inclusion at the CVM. She was also acknowledged for offering insightful perspective to peers, students and faculty.
Each winner received eight hours of paid time off and $250. The five winners are now candidates for the university-wide Awards for Excellence. If honored in that stage, they become eligible for the Governor’s Award.
One of last year’s CVM honorees, Dane Johnston, director of continuing education, outreach and alumni affairs, was one of three NC State recipients of the Governor’s Award for Excellence.
A complete list of 17 nominees for the CVM Award for Excellence and their nomination category:
- Pamela Ballentine–Customer Service
- Jordan Bartel–Human Relations
- Lindsey Cobb–Efficiency and Innovation
- Katherine Fiebrandt–Efficiency and Innovation
- Alice Harvey–Customer Service
- Jonathan Hash–Outstanding State Government Service
- Natasha Hinton–Human Relations
- Ryan Hutchinson–Customer Service
- Karli Kemp–Customer Service
- Ashley Kilgore–Customer Service
- Jeneal Leone–Customer Service
- Kristen Price–Human Relations
- Tiffany Pridgen–Efficiency and Innovation
- Jenna Schirmer–Efficiency and Innovation
- Betsy Taylor–Human Relations
- Justine Tillerson–Customer Service
- Nikkiya White–Efficiency and Innovation