Kate Bailey, DVM, DACVAA
Clinical Associate Professor, Anesthesiology
CertificationsDiplomate, American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- (2016) Recovery of horses from general anesthesia following induction with either propofol or midazolam followed by ketamine. In pressJarrett M, Bailey K, Messenger K, Prange T, Gaines B, Posner LP. | JAVMA 10-2016.
- (2014) Physiologic and biochemical assessments of koi carp, Cyprinus carpio, following immersion with propofol.A Oda, KM Bailey, GA Lewbart, EH Griffith, LP Posner | J Am Vet Med Assoc 2014 Dec. 1; 245 (11): 1286-91.
- (2014) The efficacy of alfaxalone for immersion anesthesia in koi carp (Cyprinus carpio)LJ Minter, KM Bailey, CA Harms, GA Lewbart, LP Posner | Vet Anaesth Analg 2014 Jul;41(4):398-405. Epub 2014 Feb 20.
- (2014) Alfaxalone as an Intramuscular Injectable Anesthesia in Koi Carp Cyprinus carpioKM Bailey, LJ Minter, GA Lewbart, CA Harms, Griffith EH, LP Posner | J Zoo Wildl Med 45(4):852-858. 2014.
- (2013) Aflaxalone Anesthesia in Bullfrogs (Rana catesbeinan) by Injection or ImmersionLP Posner, KM Bailey, EY Richardson, CA Harms | J Zoo Wildl Med 2013 Dec; 44(4):965-71
- Effects of MS 222 on electroretinography (ERG) in Koi FishBailey KM, Hempstead JE, Tobias JR, Borst L, Clode AB, Posner LP | J Am Vet Med Assoc 242 (11) June 1, 2013
- (2013) The efficacy of alfaxalone for intravascular anesthesia and euthanasia in blue crabs (callinectes sapidus)LJ Minter, CA Harms, KE Archibald, H Broadhurst, KM Bailey, EF Christiansen, GA Lewbart, LP Posner | J Zoo Wildl Med 44(3):694-699. 2013.
Cowabunga’s Incredible Journeys
Harrison Dudley knew he wanted to practice large animal medicine, but he also knew he lacked something very important: hands-on experience. “I did not grow up around cattle production, so as a student I felt like I had a lot of catching up to do,” he said. So during his first year at the NC