Callie Fogle, DVM, DACVS
Associate Clinical Professor, Equine Surgery
CertificationsDiplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Global Health, Spontaneous Animal Disease ModelsColic research, Clinical studies in equine soft tissue and orthopedic surgery
- (2016) Student Perspectives on a Newly Implemented Community-Based Model of Clinical Training in Equine Primary Care: “What’s Workings and What Could be Better?”Sheats MK, Fogle C. | Veterinary Educators Collaborative, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- (2016) Student Perspectives on a Newly Implemented Community-Based Model of Clinical Training in Equine Primary Care: “What’s Workings and What Could be Better?”Sheats MK, Fogle C. | Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Symposium, NC State, Raleigh, NC.
- (2016) Development of a Capstone Assessment Instrument for Evaluation of Fourth Year Veterinary Student History and Examination Skills.Fogle C, Sheats MK. | Veterinary Educators Collaborative, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- (2015) Operative Factors Associated with Short-term Outcome in Horses with Large Colon Volvulus: 47 cases from 2006 to 2013.Gonzalez LM, Fogle CF, Baker WT, Hughes FE, Law JM, Motsinger-Reif AA, Blikslager AT. | Equine Vet J 2015;47(3)279-84. PMID:24735170. Epub 2014 May 29.
- (2015) Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of three formulations of firocoxib in healthy horses.Holland B, Fogle C, Blikslager AT, Curling A, Barlow BM, Schirmer J, Davis JL. | J Vet Pharmacol Ther 2015 Jun;38(3):249-56. Epub 2014 Nov 5.
- (2013) What's Your Diagnosis?Boswell SG, Fogle CA, Linder K, Copple CN. | J Am Vet Med Assoc Feb 1 2013; 242(3):311-313.
- (2013) Return to use and performance following exploratory celiotomy for colic in horses: 195 cases (2003-2010).Davis W, Fogle CA, Gerard MP, Levine JF, Blikslager AT. | Equine Vet J 2013 Mar:45(2):224-28. Featured at the AAEP Kester News Hour, 2013. Epub 2012 Aug 1.
- (2008) Analysis of sodium carboxymethylcellulose and related factors associated with postoperative colic and survival in horses with disease of the small intestine: 33 casesFogle CA, Gerard MP, Elce YA, Little D, Morton AJ, Correa MT, Blikslager AT. | Vet Surg 2008 Aug;37(6):558-63.
- (2007) Spontaneous rupture of the guttural pouch as a complication of treatment for guttural pouch empyema.Fogle C, Gerard M, Johansson A, Breuhaus B, Blikslager A, Jones S. | Equine Veterinary Education Aug 2007; 19(7):351-355.
Equine Surgeon Committed to Compassionate Care
She grew up on a beef cattle farm, but they were never the only animals in Callie Fogle’s life. Many were strays she and her sister could not resist nurturing back to health and then releasing. They kept squirrels and baby birds and a one-eyed Siamese cat. They also always had horses. Fogle, clinical associate