Suzanne Kennedy-Stoskopf, DVM, PhD, Dipl, ACZM
Research Professor, Aquatics, Wildlife & Zoo Medicine
CertificationsDVM Michigan State University
PhD Johns Hopkins University
Diplomate of the American College of Zoological Medicine
- (2013) Novel Hemotropic Mycoplasma species in White-tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus).Maggi RG, Chitwood MC, Kennedy-Stoskopf S, DePerno CS. | Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 2013 Dec;36(6):607-11. Epub 2013 Aug 22.
- (2009) Development of a dynamic pharmacokinetic model to estimate bioconcentration of xenobiotics in earthworms.Henson-Ramsey, Levine, JF, Kennedy-Stoskopf, S, Taylor, S, Shea, D, Stoskopf, S | Environmental Modeling and Assessment 14:411-418
- (2006) Percutaneous malathion absorption in the harvested perfused anuran pelvic limb.Willens S, Stoskopf MK, Baynes RE, Lewbart GA, Taylor SK, Kennedy-Stoskopf S | Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 2006 Nov;22(3):263-7. Epub 2006 Jun 10.
- (2006) Percutaneous malathion absorption by anuran skin in flow-through diffusion cells.Willens S, Stoskopf MK, Baynes RE, Lewbart GA, Taylor SK, Kennedy-Stoskopf S. | Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 2006 Nov;22(3):255-62. Epub 2006 Jun 10.
- (2003) Transforming growth factor-ß response to mycobacterial infection in striped bass Morone saxatilis and hybrid tilapia Oreochromis spp.Harms CA, Howard KE, Wolf JC, Smith SA, Kennedy-Stoskopf S. | Vet Imm Immunopath 95: 155-163.
- (2000) Quantitative polymerase chain reaction for transforming growth factor-b applied to a field study of fish health in Chesapeake Bay tributaries.Harms CA, Ottinger CA, Blazer VS, Densmore CL, Pieper LH, Kennedy-Stoskopf S. | Environ Health Perspectives 108: 447-452.
- (2000) Correlation of transforming growth factor-b messenger RNA (TGF-b mRNA) expression with cellular immunoassays in triamcinolone-treated captive hybrid striped bass.Harms CA, Ottinger CA, Kennedy-Stoskopf S. | J Aquatic Anim Health 12: 9-17.
- (2000) Cloning and sequencing hybrid striped bass (Morone saxatilis x M. chrysops) transforming growth factor-b (TGF-b), and development of a reverse transcription quantitative competitive polymerase chain reaction (RT-qcPCR) assay to measure TGF-b mRNA of teleost fish.Harms CA, Kennedy-Stoskopf S, Horne WA, Fuller FJ, Tompkins WAF. | Fish Shellfish Imm 10: 61-85.
- (2000) Use of a two-step Percoll® gradient for separation of loggerhead sea turtle Caretta caretta peripheral blood mononuclear cells.Harms CA, Keller JM, Kennedy-Stoskopf S. | J Wildl Dis 36: 535-540.
- (1996) Effect of FIV infection on lung inflammatory cell populations recovered by bronchoalveolar lavage.Hawkins EC, Kennedy-Stoskopf S, Levy J, Meuten DJ, Cullins L, DeNicola DB, Tompkins WAF, Tompkins MB. | Vet Immunol Immunopathol 1996 May; 51(1-2):21-28.
New Study Aims to Combat Blindness in the Endangered Red Wolf
A new research project at the NC State College of Veterinary Medicine could make a vital impact on the survival of the critically endangered American red wolf. Only about 40 of the wolves live in the wild, all in North Carolina. Principal investigator Freya Mowat, CVM assistant professor of ophthalmology, has received a grant to
ACZM Presents Kennedy-Stoskopf with Lifetime Achievement Honor
Suzanne Kennedy-Stoskopf, research professor of wildlife and ecosystem health at the NC State College of Veterinary Medicine, has received the American College of Zoological Medicine’s lifetime achievement award. The award recognizes those who have made an extraordinary commitment to the ACZM and significant contributions to zoological medicine. The award is named for Murray Fowler, widely