Valery Scharf, DVM, MS, DACVS
Clinical Assistant Professor, Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery
CertificationsDiplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Bachelor of Science, Stanford University, 2005
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A&M University, 2009
Master of Science, University of Florida, 2013
Spontaneous Animal Disease ModelsMinimally invasive surgery, canine osteosarcoma, septic arthritis
- Effects of aurothiomalate treatment on canine osteosarcoma in a murine xenograft model.Scharf VF, Farese JP, Siemann DW, Abbott JR, Kiupel M, Salute ME, Milner RJ. | Anticancer Drugs. 2014 Mar; 25(3):332-9.
- Effect of bevacizumab on angiogenesis and growth on canine osteosarcoma cells xenografted in athymic mice.Scharf VF, Farese JP, Coomer AR, Milner RJ, Taylor DP, Salute ME, Chang MN, Neal D, Siemann DW. | Am J Vet Res. 2013 May; 74(5):771-8.
- Comparison of laparoscopic and open cystopexy in an ex vivo canine model.Alvarez WA, Scharf VF, Case JB. | Vet Surg. 2014 Sept 30 [Epub ahead of print].
- A retrospective evaluation of the efficacy of isolating bacteria from synovial fluid in dogs with suspected septic arthritis.Scharf VF, Lewis ST, Wellehan JF, Wamsley HL, Richardson RL, Sundstrom DA, Lewis DD. | Australian Veterinary Journal, Accepted for publication Nov 2014.
- Comparison of 16S PCR and bacterial culture in the diagnosis of septic arthritis in dogs.Scharf VF, Lewis DD, Wellehan JF, Wamsley HL, Richardson RL. | Australian Veterinary Journal, Accepted for publication Nov 2014.