Brenda Stevens, DVM, DABVP (canine/feline)
Clinical Associate Professor, General Practice
Dr. Brenda Stevens is an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences. She received her DVM from Michigan State University in 1988 and entered Companion Animal Private Practice. She joined the faculty at the College of Veterinary Medicine in 2006. She received diplomate status in the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (canine and feline specialty) in 2013.
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- (In Press) Evaluation of fourth-year veterinary students’ client communication skills: Recommendations for scaffolded instruction and practiceStevens, B., & Kedrowicz, A. A. | Journal of Veterinary Medical Education In Press
- (2016) The use of trazodone to reduce feline travel anxiety and improve veterinary exam tractabilityBrenda J. Stevens, DVM, DABVP (canine/feline); Eva Frantz, BS; Jillian M. Orlando, DVM; Emily Griffith, PhD; Lyndy Harden, BS; Margaret E. Gruen, DVM, MVPH, DACVB; Barbara L. Sherman, MS, PhD, DVM, DACVB, DACAW | JAVMA, Accepted for publication, 2016.
- (2016) Efficacy of a single dose of trazodone hydrochloride for reducing signs of transport-associated anxiety in cats and facilitating handling during veterinary examinations.Stevens BJ, Frantz E, Orlando JM, Griffith E, Harden L, Gruen ML, Sherman BL | J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2016;249:202-207.
- (2014) Malignant Abdominal Mesothelioma in a Dog.Stevens BJ, Montgomery S, Phillips K, Wester M, Jennings SH. | JAVMA Vol 245 (1) July, 2014, 57-59.
- (2014) Training Veterinary Students in Shelter-Medicine: A Service-Learning Community Classroom Based Technique.Stevens, BJ, Gruen ME. | JVME Spring 2014; 41(1):83-89.
- (2013) Comparison of intratesticular lidocaine/bupivacaine versus saline placebo on pain scores and incision site reactions in dogs undergoing routine castrationBJ Stevens, LP Posner, CA Jones, BD Lascelles | Veterinary Journal 196: 499-503. 2013.
- (2012) Proliferative and Necrotizing Otitis Externa in a Cat.Stevens, BJ, Linder K | JAVMA Vol 241(5) 567-569. September 1, 2012
- (2012) Comparison of the effect of intratesticular lidocaine/bupivacaine vs. saline placebo on pain scores and incision site reactions in dogs undergoing routine castration.Stevens BJ, Posner LP, Jones CA, Lascelles BDX. | The Veterinary Journal, Feb 1. doi:pii: S1090-0233(12)00523-0. 10.1016/j.tvjl.2012.11.019. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23375345