CE Credits: This course will provide 4.5 hours of Continuing Education Credits as approved by the NCVMB for Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians.
Course led by Dr. April Kedrowicz, PhD, MS, Assistant Professor, Communication
Schedule of Events:
Check In & Lunch
Session 1: “Enhancing Veterinarian-Client Relationships through Competent Communication”
This interactive presentation will emphasize how to facilitate relationship-centered interactions with clients to maximize patient care and client satisfaction. Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the impact of relationship centered care on clients and patients
2. Apply core communication skills to enhance interactions with clients
Session 2: “Navigating Challenging Interactions in the Clinic”
This interactive presentation will emphasize how to manage difficult, emotional conversations with clients to enhance collaborative decision making. Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Employ clinical empathy during challenging client interactions
2. Apply the 5-step protocol for delivering bad news
Session 3: “Enhancing Veterinary Practice through Effective Team Communication”
This interactive presentation will focus on how to leverage communication to enhance collaboration among veterinary team members. Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Utilize core communication skills to enhance psychological safety in the team
2. Manage team interactions by communicating assertively
There will be a 15-minute break between sessions.
This course is available to all veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and other veterinary related team members.