Pet In Memoriam Fund
When a beloved pet dies, it can leave a void that is comparable to the loss of a family member. Part of providing compassionate patient care is doing what we can to bring comfort and closure to bereaved people. By helping owners deal with their loss, we complete the cycle of care.
With your tax-deductible contribution of $25 to the North Carolina Veterinary Medicine Foundation, the Foundation will send a personalized sympathy card with the acknowledgement that you have made a gift in support of the NC State College of Veterinary Medicine honoring the memory of their pet. Your gift will go into an unrestricted fund to help meet the College’s area of greatest need, such as student scholarships, companion animal healthcare research, and community outreach programs. Above all, these funds will help educate and train the next generation of veterinarians.
Other benefits of participating in the Pet in Memoriam program include:
- Building lasting client relationships. Many pet owners say their veterinarian’s expression of condolences and concern were key in helping them through their grief.
- Supporting your profession by helping animals and advancing veterinary medical education through the work of the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Foundation.
- Convenience. You pay as you submit names or you can be billed quarterly.
The Pet in Memoriam program is a wonderful partnership opportunity — you enhance your client relations and the Foundation receives valuable funding in support of the NC State College of Veterinary Medicine’s mission of teaching, research, and public service.
How to Participate
There are several ways for you to participate:
- As an individual.
- As an individual veterinarian: Request a Pet in Memoriam form and enclose your tax-deductible gift. We’ll send the family of the pet a letter notifying them that a gift has been made in their loved one’s name. There is a minimum donation of $25 per honoree.
- As a veterinary clinic: Complete the clinic enrollment form we send you. Clinics also receive an annual certificate to display in their office acknowledging their participation in the Pet in Memoriam program. A minimum donation is requested.
We will mail you the Pet In Memoriam Membership Packet for the option you chose. When you would like to honor a pet, simply forward one of the forms included in your membership packet to the College. Based on the option you have chosen, we will send a personalized letter to your client, informing them of the thoughtful gesture you have made in memory or honor of their pet.
Enroll in the Program
For more information or if you have questions, please call Sibyl Myers 919-513-6661 (phone) or email at email@example.com