The link between animal and human health is strong, with innovation and advances in one area directly impacting the other, particularly here in North Carolina. The College of Veterinary Medicine is delighted to be hosting the first NC State Animal Health Hackathon aimed at leveraging the unique abilities of our campus. This intercollegiate event is aimed at gathering a diverse group of students to collaborate to solve problems present in animal health, with a focus on animal industries relevant to North Carolina’s economy. During this weekend-long event, students from across disciplines will join forces with veterinarians and industry leaders in North Carolina to create unique, marketable solutions to identified problems in the animal health industry.
Friday – Sunday, September 27-29, 2019
- Friday Evening: The Hackathon will kick off with a presentation showcasing NC State’s collaborative efforts, networking opportunity, dinner and formation of multidisciplinary teams.
- Saturday: Team members will work together to create novel solutions. Faculty, alumni and industry partners will act as mentors, providing guidance and feedback to teams. Presentation given during meals will provide additional insights and guidance.
- Sunday Morning: A panel of judges will select a winner and award $3,000 in cash prizes.
- All disciplines are invited to participate. No experience is necessary. We provide the food and support, you provide the innovation!
- The event is FREE, but space is limited.
- Students must register and agree to commit to being an active participant throughout the weekend. Student Participants Register Here
- Mentors from all disciplines are needed to provide student groups with insights, guidance, feedback, and assist with problem-solving throughout the process.
- No experience is necessary.
- Mentor’s are asked to sign up for 6 hours shifts and are not required to commit to being present for the entire event. Mentor Participants Register Here
- Students collaborate to solve problems present in animal health, with a focus on animal industries relevant to North Carolina’s economy Submit your animal health problem idea here
*Judged by the Hackathon judges team on success in a general category
**One meal per sponsor
***Address to be consistent with the event’s focus on innovation, collaboration across disciplines and link between animal health and human health.