NC State Holter Monitor Service
- Hours: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- E-mail us
Holter monitoring is a noninvasive method of assessing the heart’s rhythm and rate. It is a 24-hour electrocardiogram that is recorded while the animal is “wearing” a recorder. This permits an analysis of the rhythm and rate of the heart throughout the day and night of the dog with activities documented in a diary by the owner.
Your veterinarian may recommend this diagnostic procedure if:
- an arrhythmia is suspected in your pet
- your pet exhibits signs of weakness, dizziness, lethargy, excessive panting and agitation, or even collapse or fainting episodes
- to monitor drug therapy and effects on the heart rate and rhythm
- to monitor programming effects if your pet has an implanted pacemaker
Holter Monitoring Request Options
Cardiac Health Screening Packages