Dr. Karen Park grew up in Fairfax, Virginia with her family. She received her Bachelor of Science in Animal and Poultry Sciences from Virginia Tech in 2013 and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from NC State in 2017. She then completed a small animal medicine and surgery rotating internship at the University of Georgia in 2018 and continued on to University of California, Davis where she completed her small animal surgery residency in 2021. Dr. Park is excited to be back with the Wolfpack and the CVM family. She will be sitting her specialty boards examination in February 2022.
Dr. Park’s research interests include surgical oncology, embolic therapy, biomedical engineering, and minimally invasive surgery. She is also very interested in surgical education and investigating methods to improve surgical teaching and learning for students, interns, and residents.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and friends and hiking with her dogs.
- Small Animal Surgery Residency, University of California, Davis, 2018-2021
- Small Animal Rotating Internship, University of Georgia, 2017-2018
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 2017
- Bachelor of Science, Virginia Tech, 2013
Area(s) of Expertise
SPONTANEOUS ANIMAL DISEASE MODELS
Veterinary Cancer Care
- Lung lobe torsion in dogs: 52 cases (2005-2017) , VETERINARY SURGERY (2018)
- Serological and molecular analysis of feline vector-borne anaplasmosis and ehrlichiosis using species-specific peptides and PCR , Parasites & Vectors (2015)