Technology Support – Moodle Course Administration
Online Instructional Materials
- If you require assistance to post your instructional materials, they should be submitted to ESS well in advance of the start of a semester. They must be submitted in final, formatted form. However, upon request, ESS will convert files to annotatable PDF files prior to posting. Faculty are responsible for scanning materials for posting to the course web site in accordance with all copyright regulations.
- ESS will post course material updates within 2 business days of receipt.
- ESS will not email course materials to students nor provide communication services (email reminders, etc.) to students.
- ESS will not store course materials for faculty.
Grade Books & Final Course Grades
- If requested, ESS will post grades to the Moodle grade book and export spreadsheet backup files directly from Moodle.
- Posting of final course grades to the University Registration and Records system is the responsibility of the Course Coordinator.
- ESS will provide backup assistance with MyPackPortal for Student Services as needed.
Technology Support – Examsoft
ExamSoft is a secure testing platform for high-stakes assessments. It is being implemented in the DVM program and will be available for use in all Year 1-3 courses in the 2019-20 academic year. Faculty can use ExamSoft to import or create questions, tag questions with various categories (species, body system, science area, etc.), administer secure exams, and run reports on student performance and question item(s) performance.
Contact ESS if you have any questions about migrating your exams from Moodle or Scantron to ExamSoft. Below is the implementation timeline.
- 2017-18: Year 1 courses migrated from Moodle. Scantron exams by request only.
- 2018-19: Year 2 courses migrated from Moodle. Scantron exams by request only.
- 2019-20: Year 3 courses migrated from Moodle. Scantron exams by request only.
Technology Support – TopHat
TopHat is the university’s enterprise-level platform for student engagement in the classroom. ESS provides training and best practices for implementation in the classroom. Training topics include:
- Setting up TopHat course
- Running a TopHat presentation in your course
- Taking attendance using TopHat
- Generating reports of student responses
- Syncing grades between TopHat and Moodle grade book
Technology Support – Panopto
Panopto is used to capture recordings of lectures or presentations. Students can view these presentations over the Internet from any location. Lecture capture services are available in rooms A101,B112, C120 and D239. The CVM registrar assists with any special requests in those rooms. Room scheduling is done separately. Once the room is scheduled, ESS will set up a video recording when requested.
For any Panopto requests, please fill out the online Panopto Request Form.
Technology Support – Syllabuilder
Syllabuilder is a tool used to create a syllabus for DVM courses. ESS can provide training on how to use Syllabuilder, but editing the syllabus is the responsibility of the Course Coordinator.