Small Animal Services: Reproduction
The Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine Service at the NC State Veterinary Hospital offers clients and referring veterinarians consultation and services in both gynecology (female) and andrology (male) reproductive medicine.
As one of only a few universities with an established program and ongoing research in canine fertility/pregnancy, our clinicians are specialized in areas such as reproductive surgery, ultrasonography and advanced reproductive techniques like embryo transfer and in vitro fertilization.
Our andrology team also offers services for male reproductive health including breeding soundness exams, semen collection and long term frozen semen storage at our facility with automated fill systems, external security service for temperature monitoring and 24/7 staffing. As a recognized USDA importer and certified international exporter with experience shipping worldwide, our team can also ship both fresh and frozen semen.
- Timed c-sections (gynecology)
- Newborn care (gynecology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility (andrology and gynecology)
- Pregnancy diagnosis/maintenance (gynecology)
- High-risk pregnancy management (gynecology)
- Trans-cervical insemination (gynecology)
- Whelping/dystocia assistance (gynecology)
- Diagnosis and management of reproductive diseases (andrology and gynecology)
- Kennel problem work-up (gynecology)
- After-hours emergency service (gynecology)
- Breeding soundness exam (andrology)
- Geriatric health screening for prostate disease (andrology)
- Personalized service for handling semen import and export logistics (andrology)
- Semen collection and shipment (andrology)
- Emergency gamete rescue for stud dogs that pass away unexpectedly (andrology)