INSPIRE THERAPY FOR CANINE MAMMARY CARCINOMA
Dogs with mammary tumors are eligible for a clinical trial investigating a new therapy called INSPIRE, which uses electrical pulses to safely destroy the membranes of cells within a tumor. A week after INSPIRE therapy, your dog will be readmitted to the NC State surgical service to undergo a mastectomy for tumor removal.
• You will need to bring your dog to the NC State Veterinary Hospital for an initial diagnosis and imaging screening, a single INSPIRE treatment, and a follow-up surgical resection.
• After INSPIRE treatment, we ask that you take daily pictures of the treatment site until area is healed.
• You will need to take monthly follow-up surveys on overall patient health. Total participation is around 24 months.
• Have between 2 and 5 discrete lesions amenable to future resection measuring between 1 and 3 cm
• No other contraindicating comorbidities
Jewels Darrow: 919 515 9130 OR CVMclinicalstudies@ncsu.edu