Personal Financial Services for DVM Students
The CVM has joined in a partnership with Johnathan Williams and Joshua Powell of Northwestern Mutual for the purpose of equipping DVM, graduate students, and house officers with the tools they need to be successful in their professional lives.
To this end, offerings include:
- Budgeting preparation and modification
- Investment and Insurance Education
- Debt and Student Loan Repayment Education
- Holistic Financial Planning
- Individualized financial wellness appointments
- Finance-related small groups, presentations, and events
- Student loan management and education
- Credit score/credit reports
- Business planning-Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- AVMA coverage
- Home loans
- Car and homeowners insurance
- Estate planning (will and trust)
- Credit cards
- Auto loans
- Retirement planning
- axesT and financial planning
- & much more
Individual Financial Wellness Appointments:
We believe Personal Finance is a lifelong endeavor that is influenced by many factors including; interests, abilities, values, personality, background, market conditions, and circumstances. Financial advisors help individuals and their families know and understand their needs, wishes, wants and the world that influences them in order to make intentional financial and life decisions. An individual appointment is the best method of building and maintaining a personalized plan. You are welcome to bring spouses, parents, friends or significant others to any meetings you wish and all meetings are held in strict confidentiality.
Small Group Sessions:
By offering different mediums through which personal financial material is delivered and absorbed, we believe we can help our students to feel more comfortable with making important financial decisions. Small group sessions are a great way to share ideas and learn different perspectives.
Scheduling an Appointment:
For an individual meeting or small group session, contact Sarah Morales by phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org – 919-891-9566. If sending an email, please include a brief description of the topic you want to discuss along with dates and times when you are available in the following few weeks. You should expect a response in the following 48 business hours.
- Meet the Northwestern Mutual team:
- Contact Sarah Morales- email@example.com – 919-891-9566
- Johnathan Williams- firstname.lastname@example.org – 919-899-3767
- Josh Powell – email@example.com – 919-621-2470
Please do NOT contact them through www.NM.com, as you might be routed elsewhere.
Visit the CVM Personal Finance Toolkit through Moodle for resources to help you guide your decision-making.
The PawCast, Navigating the Veterinary Profession
The PawCast offers advice to the veterinary profession on career development, personal finance and the business of veterinary medicine.