The Career Services and Personal Development office is committed to empowering every DVM student to flourish in work and life. Through career coaching, workshops, events, courses, and much more, we seek to make sure our CVM students have the tools and partners to navigate the transition from student to professional.
As one of few CVMs with a dedicated career services office, we provide holistic services to the needs of our future veterinarians. Students receive preparation that serves not only at the start of their careers, but for many years to come.
Director of Career Services
Career Development is a lifelong process that is influenced by many factors including: interests, abilities, values, personality, background, passions and circumstances. The Career Services Office is here to help our DVM students develop and understand their professional identity in order to make intentional career decisions.
To this end, the Career Services office is pleased to offer DVM students:
- Application material review
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategies
- Personal branding expertise
- Salary negotiation and contract guidance
- Career related presentations and events
Check Out Our Signature Events
CVM Class of 2022 Celebrates Hard-Earned Oath & Hooding Moment
DVM graduation rate
of graduates remain in NC
Class of 2025 age range
NC State Career Development Career Closet
Career services doesn’t stop when you graduate. The CVM Career Services provides career guidance for DVM graduates up to one year following graduation to support alumni in the earliest stage of their careers. For alumni who are one year and beyond, career coaching services are available through membership with the NC State Alumni Association.
In addition, there are opportunities for our alumni to connect with current students. Whether it is for recruitment, mentoring or volunteering to speak, we welcome working with alumni to prepare our DVM students for life after graduation.
Recruit NC State Students
The NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Career Services Office offers employers the means to engage with CVM students. Our office posts jobs, schedules information sessions, coordinates on-campus interviewing and hosts networking events.
Why Hire A NC State DVM Student?
- The CVM has gained international recognition on the strength of its teaching, research, engagement, and patient care efforts and is ranked 3rd among the nation’s 30 colleges of veterinary medicine.
- The CVM is unique among veterinary colleges with an on-site Teaching Animal Unit that operates as an 80-acre working farm for hands-on instruction with large animal medicine and exposes students to basic agriculture principles and farm technology.
- Academic Degrees Offered: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM with 9 Focus Areas), MS/PhD in Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Fisheries & Wildlife, Immunology, Physiology, Master of Veterinary Public Health, Master of Specialized Veterinary Medicine, combined DVM/MBA, combined DVM/Ph.D.
Resources for Recruiting NC State DVM Students
The College of Veterinary Medicine Career Services offers several events throughout the academic year that are designed to set students up for success when transitioning from college to the world of work. If you are interested in participating or sponsoring, please contact our CVM Career Services Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruit DVM Students for Externships/Extramurals
Learn more here