Clinical Rotations – Block Change Process
In their Clinical Year, DVM students can make minor alterations to their clinical schedule using the Block Change Process.
Students will not need coordinator approval for block changes if they meet the following requirements:
- Students are allowed a maximum of FOUR block changes in their clinical year
- The student is not impacting the min/max listed in CRESS for the rotation.
- The student is making the request at least two full blocks prior, i.e. if a student is looking to make a change to block 19, they must make the change by 5 PM on the last Friday of block 16.
- The student is approved for the rotation. If instructor approval for the course is required, a student should seek this permission before attempting to add a rotation.
- Making the changes will still ensure a student is meeting their graduation requirements.
Students will need coordinator (by email or signature) approval if any of the following apply:
- The student is impacting the min/max listed in CRESS for the rotation.
- Please note: this should only be unavoidable circumstances out of the student’s control. Student Services does have the opportunity to deny block changes that will negatively impact student learning if it drops below the min or above the max.
- The student is making the request after the 2 block prior deadline has passed.
- The absolute deadline for block changes will be the last Friday of two blocks prior, i.e. if a student is looking to change block 12, the absolute deadline will be the last Friday of block 10 at 5 PM.
- Students will not be permitted to make block changes to the upcoming block except in emergency situations.
- If they are adding to a block with no other students registered
Requirements & Deadlines
- Deadline: block changes must be made two blocks prior.