Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Internship, University of Pennsylvania
Residency, University of Minnesota
Clinical Instructor, University of California, Davis, 1993-1997
Area(s) of Expertise
SPONTANEOUS ANIMAL DISEASE MODELS, VETERINARY CANCER CARE
Investigational and minimally invasive treatment modalities (surgical techniques, drug delivery methods and biomedical implants).
Evaluation of the influence of muscle transection on swallowing dysfunction and aspiration in dogs following a lateral surgical approach to the larynx.
Evaluation of swallowing function in dogs undergoing surgery for the treatment of laryngeal paralysis, hyperparathyroidism or thyroid neoplasia.
The canine sacroiliac joint angle: Breed variations and relationship to lumbosacral, pelvic, and stifle angles.
Development of an ultrasound-guided transgluteal injection of the pudendal nerve in cats: a cadaveric study, VETERINARY ANAESTHESIA AND ANALGESIA (2022)
- Cranial internal hemipelvectomy (iliectomy) with limb sparing for a dog with ilial chondrosarcoma: A case report , CLINICAL CASE REPORTS (2022)
- The use of autologous skeletal muscle progenitor cells for adjunctive treatment of presumptive urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence in female dogs , JOURNAL OF VETERINARY INTERNAL MEDICINE (2022)
- Evaluation of a stimulus attenuation strategy to reduce stress in hospitalized cats , JOURNAL OF VETERINARY BEHAVIOR-CLINICAL APPLICATIONS AND RESEARCH (2021)
- Patch grafting, strategies for transplantation of organoids into solid organs such as liver , BIOMATERIALS (2021)
- A randomized, prospective, comparative trial of a variable-angle versus fixed-angle endoscope for exploratory thoracoscopy in canine cadavers , VETERINARY SURGERY (2020)
- Cardiac Stromal Cell Patch Integrated with Engineered Microvessels Improves Recovery from Myocardial Infarction in Rats and Pigs , ACS BIOMATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (2020)
- Computed tomography in two recumbencies aides in the identification of pulmonary bullae in dogs with spontaneous pneumothorax , VETERINARY RADIOLOGY & ULTRASOUND (2020)
- Creation of a Continent Urinary Bladder Reservoir Vascularized by Omentum as a Possible Surgical Option for Canine Trigonal/Urethral Urothelial Carcinoma , JOURNAL OF INVESTIGATIVE SURGERY (2020)
- Ligation of the Maxillary Artery Prior to Caudal Maxillectomy in the Dog-A Description of the Technique, Retrospective Evaluation of Blood Loss, and Cadaveric Evaluation of Maxillary Artery Anatomy , FRONTIERS IN VETERINARY SCIENCE (2020)
- CVM: Clinical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences: DOCS Faculty
- Clinical Sciences: DOCS Soft Tissue Faculty
- CVM: Focus Area
- CVM: Hospital
- CVM: Research Area of Emphasis
- Focus Area: Small Animal Practice
- Hospital: Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery
- Research Area of Emphasis: Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Research Area of Emphasis: Veterinary Cancer Care