NC STATE ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING ADVISORY TO ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2021 ADMISSIONS CYCLE.
- P/F grades: NC State will allow a Pass in P/F or Satisfactory in the S/U grading systems for prerequisites completed in Spring or Summer 2020
- courses submitted in the P/F or S/U scale will not be factored into the Required Course GPA calculation
- GRE: NC State has waived the GRE General Test for the 2021 admissions cycle
- If you have already taken the test, please do not send scores to NC State directly or to NC State via VMCAS. A decision about requiring the GRE for the 2022 admissions cycle will be made in Fall 2020.
- LORs: NC State will continue to require three (3) letters of recommendations. Additionally, we still highly recommend that 2 of 3 letters come from DVMs or PhD scientists with whom you have worked.
- Experience Hours: NC State will continue to require 200 hours of veterinary experience hours for the 2021 admissions cycle.
Letter grades with at least a C- or better will be required in all semesters following Spring and Summer 2020 as long as COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. A “Pass” or “Satisfactory” grade for a prerequisite taken in Spring or Summer 2020 will be accepted in any future admissions cycle.
Please contact the Student Services Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about these changes.
NC State Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application
Access to the supplemental application will be emailed upon submission of the VMCAS application and a “received” VMCAS status.