NC State announces the following advisory to admissions requirements for the 2021 admissions cycle.
- P/F grades: NC State will allow a Pass in P/F or Satisfactory in the S/U grading systems for prerequisites completed in Spring or Summer 2020. For Fall 2020, P/F and S/U will be accepted if it’s the only option at the institution. A letter grade is expected if it is an option. Letter grades with at least a C- or better will be required in all semesters following Spring and Summer 2020.
- (a) courses submitted in the P/F or S/U scale will not be factored into the Required Course GPA calculation
- A “Pass” or “Satisfactory” grade for a prerequisite taken in Spring or Summer 2020 will be accepted in any future admissions cycle.
- GRE: NC State has removed the GRE as a requirement for admission into the DVM program, starting with the 2021 admissions cycle.
- LORs: NC State will continue to require three (3) letters of recommendations. Additionally, we still highly recommend that 2 of 3 letters come from DVMs or PhD scientists with whom you have worked.
- Experience Hours: NC State will continue to require 200 hours of veterinary experience hours for the 2021 admissions cycle.
Please contact the Student Services Office at email@example.com if you have any questions about these changes.
NC State Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application
Access to the supplemental application will be emailed upon submission of the VMCAS application and a “received” VMCAS status.