International applicants, as well as US resident applicants attending colleges outside the United States must meet all of the listed admissions criteria as well as :
- have all international academic transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service. Applicants have used the following services in the past: Josef Silny & Associates, Trustforte, and World Education Services.
- submit proof of English proficiency. In order to be eligible for admission to the Graduate School all international applicants, regardless of citizenship, must demonstrate proficiency in English at a level necessary to be successful in a graduate program at NC State.
English Proficiency Options
The College of Veterinary Medicine adheres to specific TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirements set forth by NC State University’s Graduate School.
This requirement can be met by most applicants in one of the following ways; however, some programs may require additional evidence of English proficiency:
- Provide TOEFL with a total score of at least 80 on the Internet-based Test (iBT). Test date must be no older than two years (24 months) prior to the beginning of the requested entry term. Minimum test scores for each section:
- Or provide International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores with an overall band score of at least 6.5. Test date must be no older than two years (24 months) prior to the beginning of the requested entry term. Minimum test scores for each section are listed below:
- Or be a citizen of one of the following countries where English is an official language and the language of instruction in higher education:
- Or have successfully completed at least one year of full-time study in a degree program at a four-year US college or university.