Employee Discount Programs
The WolfPerks program is a partnership with local, statewide and national businesses that offer discounts or other incentives to NC State University employees with valid University identification cards.
- We Save
The Office of State Personnel has contracted with WeSave, Inc. to build partnerships with local and statewide businesses to offer discounted products and services to all active and retired state and local government employees. There are over 3,000 merchants participating in the WeSave Discount Program for state employees. This partnership with WeSave concentrates on strengthening and increasing employees’ financial health and encourages North Carolina’s economic growth. The Office of State Personnel promotes this partnership with WeSave, Inc. to express our appreciation to state and local government workforce.
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP)
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP), is designed to provide no cost, confidential and professional assessment and referral services for employees who may be experiencing personal or work-related concerns. Examples of problems addressed are emotional, family, marital, alcohol, drug and other personal issues.
- Online monthly live chat sessions
- Web-based resources and services
Lactaction Support at NC State
NC State University promotes work/life balance and supports working parents with the transition back to work following the birth of a child. This includes support of nursing individuals who wish to express milk periodically during the work day. In accordance with provisions of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), upon request, suitable space must be provided for employees who require lactation support.
For more information about the requirements for lactation spaces at NC State and guidelines regarding paid break time, see the page on Lactation Support Guidelines as well as the NC Office of State Human Resources policy.
- College of Veterinary Medicine Main Building – Room B104X
- Randall B. Terry, Jr. Companion Animal Veterinary Medical Center – Room 1517
- For additional rooms on campus and information
Leave Administration Programs
- Birth, Adoption, and Foster Care
- Family Medical Leave (FML) – Employees should contact Patricia Sajecki with CVM Human Resources if they will be out for more than 3 days due to medical reasons for themselves or an immediate family member. Supervisors are responsible for notifying CVM Human Resources if they have employees who have been out 3 days for medical reasons for themselves or an immediate family member.
- Family Illness Leave (FIL)
- Voluntary Shared Leave
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA)
Tuition Waiver Program
The Non-Degree Studies (NDS) Program is administered by the Department of Registration and Records and provides individuals who have not matriculated into a degree program access to credit courses at NC State University on a part-time basis. Through Non-Degree Studies, individuals can take undergraduate or graduate courses to: