- CVM Benefits Consultant, Monica Chambers (919) 515-4282
- The State Health Plan
- Compare State Health Plans
Employee Discount Programs
The WolfPerks program is a partnership with local, statewide and national businesses that offer discounts or other incentives to NC State University employees with valid University identification cards.
- We Save
The Office of State Personnel has contracted with WeSave, Inc. to build partnerships with local and statewide businesses to offer discounted products and services to all active and retired state and local government employees. There are over 3,000 merchants participating in the WeSave Discount Program for state employees. This partnership with WeSave concentrates on strengthening and increasing employees’ financial health and encourages North Carolina’s economic growth. The Office of State Personnel promotes this partnership with WeSave, Inc. to express our appreciation to state and local government workforce.
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP)
The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP), is designed to provide no cost, confidential and professional assessment and referral services for employees who may be experiencing personal or work-related concerns. Examples of problems addressed are emotional, family, marital, alcohol, drug and other personal issues.
- Online monthly live chat sessions
- Web-based resources and services
The Faculty Senate adopted a resolution for the provision of lactation space in NCSU facilities on April 21, 2009. The text of the resolution is online and can be accessed by clicking here. NC State is making strides in the provision of lactation and baby care rooms.
- College of Veterinary Medicine Main Building – Room B104X
- Randall B. Terry, Jr. Companion Animal Veterinary Medical Center – Room 1517
- For additional rooms on campus and information
Future plans are to provide a minimum of one dedicated lactation room in each campus neighborhood.
Leave Administration Programs
- Birth, Adoption, and Foster Care
- Family Medical Leave (FML) – Employees should contact Karen Mitchell with CVM Human Resources if they will be out for more than 3 days due to medical reasons for themselves or an immediate family member. Supervisors are responsible for notifying CVM Human Resources if they have employees who have been out 3 days for medical reasons for themselves or an immediate family member.
- Family Illness Leave (FIL)
- Voluntary Shared Leave
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA)
Tuition Waiver Program
The Non-Degree Studies (NDS) Program is administered by the Department of Registration and Records and provides individuals who have not matriculated into a degree program access to credit courses at NC State University on a part-time basis. Through Non-Degree Studies, individuals can take undergraduate or graduate courses to: