Annual Open House
Mark your calendars! The NC State College of Veterinary Medicine looks forward to resuming its annual Open House on March 25, 2023 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This extremely popular community event has been on a three-year hiatus because of the global pandemic. Our plans for restarting this wonderful tradition are coming together. Check back here periodically to find out more!
Tour Our Hospital, Our Labs, and Our Grounds
Open House 2023 Activities
- Get your favorite stuffed animal repaired in our Teddy Bear Clinic.
- Get silly in our photo booths including “Kiss a Pig!” and “Dress Like a Vet!”
- Practice your skills in our Cow-Milking Booth.
- Identify different muscle groups on our painted horse.
- Learn how to approach a new-to-you dog.
- Get your face painted!
- “Guess the Parasite” in our microscope lab.
- Meet Mr. Wuf and Ms. Wuf!
- Ms. Wuf will be here from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. and Mr. Wuf will be here from noon – 1 p.m.
- Learn about the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Emergency Programs Division Companion Animal Shelter Trailer (CAST)
- See the NC State Veterinary Mobile Hospital
- and much more!
We will also have translators on site so tours and activities are accessible for everyone. Translators will be available for the following languages – Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, German, Thai, Korean and ASL (upon request). For more detailed information on when translators will be available, please click here for a schedule. *Please note: Our translator for Japanese will no longer be able to attend – Japanese translation will no longer be available.*
Looking for more information about parking? View a parking map here.
What is the Teddy Bear Clinic?
In the meantime, if you are looking for a fun family activity to learn more about veterinary medicine, check out our Ready Set Vet exhibit in partnership with Marbles Kids Museum in downtown Raleigh: https://www.marbleskidsmuseum.org/readysetvet