Goal One: Four-Year Objectives
- Enhance leadership development and performance across the College.
- Build a culture of inclusion that values diversity of people and ideas, and embraces the meaningful participation of all.
- Build a common sense of purpose, pride and ownership through open, transparent, multidirectional communication and shared experiences.
- Ensure a healthy work environment through a values-driven culture.
Measures of Success
- Participation in leadership and professional development programs.
- Climate surveys measuring the impact of communication, leadership, mentoring and diversity programs.
- Hiring, promotion and retention statistics for our faculty and staff.
Goal 1 Objectives and Milestones
Cabinet Leadership Development and Team Alignment
- Cultivating leadership around aligned and accountable execution of the strategic plan, with particular emphasis on building skills, capabilities, mindsets and processes to continue leading CVM to become a values-driven organization.
Personal Leadership Development (topics may include):
- Understanding core fundamentals of “Real Leadership”
- Developing coaching and mentoring skills
- Leadership in Diversity and Inclusion
Team alignment and performance:
- Building capacity of Cabinet to effectively work together to lead CVM to successful execution and realization of agreed upon values, vision, goals, and strategies
- Alignment of Cabinet leaders and their areas of responsibility with CVM values, vision, goals, and strategies.
- Develop and establish a plan for a College-wide Leadership Development 12-month program.
Values Steering Committee to plan and lead execution and adoption of the values across CVM with participation from leadership across the college community.
- Assess, develop, and/or refine programs and processes that support the adoption of a values-driven culture such as:
- Recruiting and Onboarding
- Performance Management
Having effective, strong leaders throughout CVM that drive performance of the college through their leadership is essential.
- Hold an administrative leadership retreat in early 2018 focused on survey results, action planning, and values development.
- Holding in various forums across the college to share the results of the November 2017 survey and engage the CVM community in action planning in all four key objective areas.
- Engaging non-faculty supervisors in NC State’s newly launched Management Essentials program.
Build a culture of inclusion that values diversity of people and ideas, and embraces the meaningful participation of all:
Intentionally working to build an inclusive community that seeks to ensure people from all different backgrounds and perspectives are actively sought out, valued, connected, and are proud to part of the CVM.
- Continue to refine/fulfill the stated goals of the CVM Diversity Strategic Plan.
- Identify and implement action planning from November 2017 survey.
Build a common sense of purpose, pride and ownership through open, transparent, multidirectional communication and shared experiences:
This strategy is about having a shared understanding and alignment around the purpose, mission, and strategic direction of the college. It is also about building strategically aligned execution of plans throughout CVM through effective, open, and transparent communication.
- Complete, analyze and distribute the results of a college wide climate survey.
- Identify and implement action planning from the November 2017 survey.
The initial action plan of this strategy is about working to create a values driven college and having clearly defined culture code and values that all understand, can see themselves in and embrace in their day to day lives.
- Finalize CVM Core Values and Metrics based upon feedback from the 2017 Town Hall and November 2017 survey.
- Define and explain our core values and establish a plan to engage community in becoming a values driven college.