Lab Contact: 919.515.8380 | 919.513.6680
The Clinical Studies Core’s supports interactions between clinical and basic research groups within North Carolina State University and expands collaborative relationships beyond the university with practicing veterinarians, animal owners, and industry partners. The CSC offers support through the following services:
- Study preparation including grant, budget, and IACUC assistance
- Study coordination via patient recruitment, enrollment, visits, and follow-up
- Data acquisition and management from collection to quality assurance (QA)
- Study monitoring under Good Clinical Practice (GCP) quality standards
- Technical support through laboratory and clinical veterinary assistance
- Investigational product management by randomization, distribution, and disposition
- Resources for investigators in the design, publicity, and implementation of clinical studies
- Collaborations with practicing veterinarians, animal owners, and industry partners
- Repository of veterinary tissue samples to support ongoing and developing studies
- Biospecimen procurement services for researchers
- Statistical consulting (provided through support by the Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine) that includes experimental design, basic to advanced statistical analysis, assistance with interpretation of statistical results, preparation of power analyses for grant submissions, collaboration on manuscript preparation (statistical methods, results) and responding to reviewers
Information for clinical investigators and CSC forms can be found here on our internal page.
Clinical Studies Core is part of the Comparative Medicine Institute. Their mission is to develop, foster, and assist multidisciplinary teams focused on translating basic research and scientific discovery into clinical/societal applications to improve the health of animals and humans.
Current Clinical Trials